My work is in pastels on sanded paper to achieve the blend of light and color I seek in a landscape. On many occasions the work is done plein air, i.e., on site. The works are small to medium sized with the largest seldom more than 14" x 20" unframed. Paintings shown here are a representative sample of my work.
• Two-person Show, March-May, 2016, Back Street Bistro,
513 Camino De Los Marquez, Santa Fe, NM
• 2015 Santa Fe Plein Air Festival, National Juried Event, InArt Gallery, Santa Fe, June 12 to July 5.
• 2015 Santa Fe Studio Tour, Santa Fe University of Art & Design, June 2015.
• Masterworks New Mexico National Juried Exhibition, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2015
• Pastel Society of the Southwest (PSSW) National Juried Exhibition, Grapevine, Texas, 2014
• Pastel Society of New Mexico (PSNM) National Juried Pastel Exhibition, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2014
• Art Santa Fe “From Within and Without” Group Show, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 2014
• PSNM Juried Winter Show The Gallery Guild of The Cathedral of St John, Albuquerque, NM, 2014
• Pastel Society of New Mexico (PAPNM) National Pastel Exhibition, Small Works, Albuquerque, 2012
• Juried PAPNM, Art Exhibit, Millicent Rogers Museum, Taos, New Mexico, 2013
• PAPNM Socorro Exhibition, Vertu Fine Art Gallery, Socorro, New Mexico, 2013
• Old School House Gallery, art exhibit by PAPNM, San Antonito, New Mexico, 2013
• Full-page feature, October 2012 issue, The Santa Fe Monthly, plein air painting The Gold Standard
• “The Joys of New Mexico” Solo Exhibition, Davis Satin Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 2012
It has been an exciting journey learning to capture the light and colors of landscapes in pastels. The luscious, buttery softness of the medium along with the beautiful landscapes move me to create paintings with strong shadows, interesting patterns, dynamic colors and spatial depth. I love how the light plays across the expanse of the landscape and find the Texas Hill Country beauty truly inspiring. I use only the finest pastels that have a proven light fastness for upwards of 300 years. I also use Anti-Reflective glass to block 95% of UV rays. My works are collected by clients in California, Texas, Colorado, and New Mexico.
If you find an original painting on this website that you are interested in owning please contact me to determine the total price including shipping, insurance, and if you desire to have us frame the piece for you.
It would be great to hear from you regarding my work. Your needs in framing or unframed and shipping can usually be met. Shipping art around the country has proven to be without issue.